What is Courage?
The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.
A quality of spirit that enables you to face danger of pain without showing fear
Quotes About Courage
- “The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” -- R. G. Ingersoll
- “Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” -- Unknown
- “Courage consists of the power of self-recovery.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” -- Winston Churchill
- "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear." -- Mark Twain
“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.“ - Mayo Angelou
Reflective Questions about Courage
- How do you know someone is courageous?
- Is courage a natural quality or a learned quality?
- How important is courage to you? Society?
- What positive outcomes can courage create?
- How does someone attain courage?